Wednesday, February 25, 2009

How my day went...

I woke up...


Made Nat some breakfast. I worked out. Did some job hunting. Went on a Bootleg job interview in Bloomfield. Then I came home. Checked the Mail and LOW and BEHOLD...

My Teaching Certificate of Eligibility came in!



Now I can hopefully land a job in the Education world. The CE allows me to get at least my pinky toe in the door. I waited so many months for this and finally it has arrived. I know I am not a teacher yet, but it a BIG step towards my goal!

I am so relieved that I finally have the CE! Now the real challenge is getting a teachers position. I have applied for a few mentoring positions to gain more skills with children and teens. I hope I acquire a mentoring position because I would love to help a youth and get involved in my community. It would also help me transition some skills in to a teaching role. I really cannot wait to learn more! I want to sink my teeth in to a syllabus or a fresh new class. I miss school and becoming a teacher allows me to get back in to the academic world and I am fervent about all of it! Yes, I am a mega geek and I am proud of it.

I am finally moving towards my dream. I may be a late dream bloomer b/c I had originally thought a dream job was just a J-O-B. I graduated college and just wanted to get in to any job with benefits and a cubicle. Then I realized there is so much more to just having a J-O-B in a grayish/blue cubicle and having a company ID strapped to your hip.

You must have passion for what you do or you will hit the ultimate platue and absolutely hate your job. Been there, done that. I am so over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment