Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Serenity



Se.ren.i.ty [suh-ren-i-tee] : noun

  • The state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; sereneness.

  • The quality or state of being serene; clearness and calmness; quietness; stillness; peace.

  • A disposition free from stress or emotion.

  • The absence of mental stress or anxiety.

  • Calmness of mind; evenness of temper; undisturbed state; coolness; composure.
All of the words above describe my current state of mind. I have 3 more days left of work and while I do not have another job lined up yet, I feel a great sense of relief and tranquility. Yesterday I opened up my calendar and wrote down all the family gatherings I can and will attend because

a) I don't have to work on a weekend &
b) I have the energy to travel to visit and spend quality time with my loved ones.

Simple things like attending my cousins birthday party or visiting an old friend have been put on the back burner of my life because I was so consumed with my job and trying to get ahead. Well now I can grab a hold of my life and do the things I want to do. While I will work again, I will not let the work-Work me down. I will not allow the work or the brainwash of the next job (because there is always some cool aid you must drink when you start) to get the best of me and my life! (Amen)

I know it sounds like I am preaching, but I do indeed feel like I am having an enlightenment. I feel like I am starting a new page, chapter and book in my life. I NEED Peace in my life and the next endeavor I take on must allow me to have a clean balance between my 8-5 tasks and those that go on after I leave the office.
The job I am leaving now leaked into my life and contaminated it! I would work, work, work and when I wasn't working, I was thinking of work and beating myself up about what I didn't do and what I have to do the minute I get in to the office. Now sure, being crazy about work makes you look good to your boss b/c Mr. Bossman thinks, "Wow, she's a GO-Getter, A real Maverick (haha..pun on Palin intended), An ASSet to the Company,"...and so forth and so on.

I pray that my next job is one that truly like and that allows me to excel but not drain myself in the process. My family means more than anything else in this world and I refuse to let anything hold me back from spending my quality time with them.

Now back to job hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment