Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On my Grind...

So I am officially unemployed but that doesn't mean I am just chillin' at home. I am definitely working hard to find another position. I am going to be thorough and very careful this time with what organization I choose to work for. I also want to work in education and I looking for a position in that field. I have been preparing for the last 8 months for a job in the education field. I have passed my Praxis 2 and submitted all of my documents for a certificate of eligibility (CE). The CE take forever and a day to get! I submitted it on October 18, 2008. Today is February 24, 2009 and it is still being processed. Oh believe me, I have called them several times to check the status and they keep telling me it should be issued soon. (sigh)

Patience is a virtue and boy oh boy I wish I wasn't born with the gene of Impatience!


The minute I get my CE, I will hopefully have a few more doors open up for me. So I've been thinking once I get my CE and I apply for a teaching spot at an Elementary School and I am teaching...will I love it? Will I hate it? Will I think that the kids are uncontrollable and they are worse than I imagined? I pray that it isn't like this:
I know children are wonderful and I love to be around them but they are all different and have so many things going on in their world. I just pray I can really help them and do my best to guide them in the right direction. I know it won't be easy, but I am up for the challenge.

I truly look forward to this being my OFFICE SPACE:
Hopefully, once I get in the swing of lesson plans, curriculum, grading, and all of the various teaching methods I will love my job and feel like I am really making a difference!
Once I get past the learning curve of teaching I pray I look like this:

Well...you know what I mean! I pray to just be happy where ever the journey takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment