Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I must remember to be A Woman of Strength

So.....

I was having an emotional day today where stress hit me from all different angles at the same time (does that ever happen to you?) and after the tears drenched my face, neck and t-shirt-I got back from my visual water world and I decided to search the net for something that would lift me up. Crazy of me to think that something that had a .com at the end of it would do such a thing, (but being a researcher at heart and journalist major) however I Goggled "Strong Woman" and the poem below is the first thing that popped up. After reading the poem, I just was pleasantly surprised of what it said b/c too many times I feel like I have to be this tough as nails, yet sweet as sugar quintessential woman, when what I really have to do is be me (duh! What a cliche-I know). Anyway, I was moved by the poem b/c it helped me to realize for this moment b/c I know I'll forget again all too soon, how I just have to take things one step at a time and enjoy the ride. I've been too worried about every friggen thing, when I should just take it easy, chill out and appreciate my blessings.
A Strong Woman vs. A Woman of Strength


A strong woman works out everyday to keep her body in shape…

But a woman of strength builds relationships to keep her soul in shape

A strong woman isn't afraid of anything…

But a woman of strength shows courage in the midst of fear.

A strong woman won't let anyone get the better of her…

But a woman of strength gives the best of herself to everyone.

A strong woman makes mistakes and avoids the same in the future…

A woman of strength realizes life's mistakes can also be unexpected
blessings,

and capitalizes on them.

A strong woman wears a look of confidence on her face…

But a woman of strength wears grace.

A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey…

But a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will
become strong.

Copyright © 2005 Dee Cheeks

No comments:

Post a Comment