Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dedicated to our New President

I wanted to express my happiness on my blog yesterday due to Obama's Inauguration but I was unfortunately very sick. I left work early and saw the doctor. I have a bad sinus and ear infection. Thank God for antibiotics because I feel much better today.

Thank God for OBAMA!
I also feel wonderful today because today we have a new President and I am so relieved that BUSH is out of the oval office! He did AMERICA no good and I am thankful that the nation has a new leader who is smart, eloquent and innovative! All adjectives that Bush could never be described as. Bush was a fool and I know things will get better for so many people now that CHANGE has occurred.

I cannot write long in this blog because I am quite busy, but I wanted to pay respect to our new President by dedicating this blog to him and also committing to future hours of service to my community. During his campaign, Obama asked that as citizens we take charge to help out our community and I have already signed up for a few activities to do just that! I will fill my blog with these activities as they come along.

In the meantime I want to decorate my blog with some beautiful pictures in honor of President Barack Obama, the 44th President of the United States of America!

"Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek." Obama
"If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress." Obama
"We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent." Obama
"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential." Obama
"This is the moment when we must build on the wealth that open markets have created, and share its benefits more equitably. Trade has been a cornerstone of our growth and global development. But we will not be able to sustain this growth if it favors the few, and not the many." Obama
"There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and Latino America and Asian America - there's the United States of America." Obama

"It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today." Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment